What is functional and Integrative Nutrition?
Functional nutrition promotes the use of whole, unprocessed food as medicine to prevent and alleviate diet and lifestyle-related disease. By addressing the root cause of disease or dysfunction, functional nutrition practitioners are able to promote healing instead of simply masking symptoms. At Promise of Vitality we also take an integrative and holistic approach knowing that food is not just about physical nutrition, it has an emotional, mental and spiritual component as well. We are now operating out of the beautiful Eutierria Wellness sanctuary locate at 640 Kreag Road in Pittsford, NY. Here, Promise of Vitality clients can be easily connected with a licensed massage therapist, psychologist and/or reiki therapist to further support them on their road to wellness, health and healing. At Eutierria, you can also benefit from other restorative services such as infrared saunas, ionic foot baths and Migun Energy Massage Tables. Read more about these services here.
How does Health Coaching Help?
Coaching is a vehicle for helping people achieve a higher level of well-being. We help our clients elicit their autonomous motivation to increase their capacity to change. We facilitate the change process through visioning, goal setting and accountability. It is a collaborative process that focuses on the strengths of our clients. Tools that we help our clients build include mindfulness, self-awareness, positivity, hope, optimism, self-efficacy and resilience.
WHO We Serve
- Individuals struggling with gastrointestinal disorders and chronic digestive issues
- Those looking to support their brain, neurological and mental health with functional nutrition
- Individuals pursuing a personalized whole-food and dietary supplement program
- People wanting to eat according to their genes using nutrigenetic and testing and interpretation
- Anyone seeking a 2nd opinion to improve their symptoms by using nutrition for a health condition
“I wanted to let you know, I am enjoying feeling hungry! Before I just ate because it was time to eat. Many times I was not really hungry. I can enjoy my food and eat more that I did before.”J.M., POV client struggling with gastrointestinal disorders